Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory
Computer Science Department, University of Geneva
Battelle campus, Building A
7, route de Drize
CH-1227 Carouge (Geneva), Switzerland
Prof. Thierry Pun
Battelle Bat. A
Rte de Drize 7
CH - 1227, Carouge (GE), Switzerland
+41(22)379 0223 (secr.)
+41(22)379 0153 (direct)
- Full professor (Professeur ordinaire).
- Applied cybernetics;
- Human-computer interaction (affective computing and multimodal interaction part);
- Digital image processing and synthesis;
- Introduction to algorithms;
- Hands-on Programming.
- 1979-1982 : PhD student, Signal Processing Laboratory, EPFL - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland (Profs. F. De Coulon and M. Kunt): I have been working on an image analysis project aiming at simplifying pictures, in order to display them on a tactile device for sight handicapped;
- 1982-1985 :visiting fellow, NIH - National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA (Prof. M. Eden): I developed methods and softwares for statistical and biomedical image analysis;
- 1985-1986 :research fellow, CERN - European Laboratory for Particle Physics, Geneva, Switzerland: I worked on signal and image analysis problems for particles detection;
- 1986-1989 :assistant-professor (maître d'enseignement et de recherche), Department of Computer Science, University of Geneva, Switzerland;
- 1989-1998 :associate-professor (professeur adjoint), Department of Computer Science, University of Geneva, Switzerland;
- 1998-now :full-professor (professeur ordinaire), Department of Computer Science, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
I am currently full professor at the Computer science department, University of Geneva, in Switzerland. My original background is in signal and image processing. For the last ten years of so I have been mostly involved with affective computing and multimodal interaction, with a particular emphasis on: emotion assessment and affect in interaction, visual and motor handicap.